As a Local Authority school, we are being provided with guidance from the Department of Education and our Local Authority regularly on dealing with the containment of the Coronavirus (COVID-19). This so far includes promoting with adults and children in school good hygiene by:
- Washing hands with soap and water often – doing this for at least 20 seconds
- Always washing hands when we get home or into school
- Covering our mouth and nose with a tissue (not your hands) when we cough or sneeze
- Putting used tissues in the bin straight away and washing our hands afterwards
- Trying to avoid close contact with people who are unwell
We are also mindful of staying calm and monitoring closely any families who may have recently visited any other countries where Category 1 or 2 alerts are in place.
We are however following current guidance from our Government not to close our school. We will obviously keep parents and families updated on any future actions that our Government may want us to take in respect of trying to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
As soon as there are any updates and/or changes to current advice, we will post these to our website and Facebook pages. We hope this helps you understand the school’s position and thank you for your help and support at this time.