Sutton Road Primary School and Nursery, Moor Lane, Mansfield, Nottinghamshire, NG18 5SF
Tel: 01623 455920
Executive Head Teacher: Nicola Davies
Head of School: Emma Severn
Post Title: Finance and Administration Assistant
Contract: Full time, 37 hours per week, term time only
Salary: Grade 3, Spinal Column Points 5-7 £23,500 - £24,294 (pro rata)
We have a vacancy within our large primary school for a Finance and Administration Assistant. This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced and motivated Finance and Administration Assistant to join our busy office team within our forward looking school.
We are looking for someone who:
Strives to be the best, having high expectations of themselves and of their work.
Is well organised with great attention to detail and demonstrates real commitment to team work.
Is reflective of their own practice and prepared to use their initiative.
The successful applicant will be enthusiastic, positive, well organised, flexible, an excellent communicator and possess the ability to prioritise and work in close partnership with staff from across the school and wider collaboration as directed.
Duties will include:
Processing of orders via SIMS FMS system.
Raising and payment of invoices including the processing of BACS runs.
Production and monitoring of budget reports and advising senior staff of any variances.
Undertaking reconciliations of bank accounts, ParentMail (or similar) payment statements and the purchase ledger control account.
Preparing final accounts for audit, for example, School Fund.
Assisting in the production of financial reports for the senior leadership team.
Dealing with parents/carers, staff and other stakeholder enquiries by telephone, email and face to face.
School office administrative duties.
Have experience of working in a busy school office.
Have excellent interpersonal and communication skills, be approachable and personable.
Be conversant with ScholarPack / SIMS / FMS (or similar systems).
Have experience of preparing budgets, budget monitoring information and final accounts.
Be responsible in assisting in the day to day finance and tasks in the office and school site, ensuring that deadlines are met for the regular cycle of monthly/annual tasks.
Be efficient, organised and capable, able to pull together information from a variety of sources in order to collate and produce school reports to deadlines.
Have substantial administrative skills with an educational background.
Have some knowledge of HR and Health & Safety procedures.
Possess a good level of competency in literacy, spelling, grammar and ICT skills.
In return we offer you:
A fantastic opportunity to work within a well-established school collaboration.
A hard-working and extremely supportive team of staff across the schools.
An application pack with further details about this post can be downloaded below.
We welcome visits to the school and have arranged these for Thursday 5th January. If you would like to visit the school or have any questions please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Completed applications to be returned to email@example.com
The post is for a start as soon as possible.
Closing date: Wednesday 6th March 2024 at 10am.
Interviews to take place on Wednesday 13th March 2024.
Post Title: Administrator / Receptionist
Contract: Full time; term time only
Salary: Grade 2, Spinal Column Points 2 - 4 £22,366 - £23,114 (Pro rata £20,626 - £21,316 approx.)
Sutton Road Primary is a large and busy primary school housed over four buildings and we have an exciting opportunity for an Administrator / Receptionist to join our highly successful school team.
Are you looking for a more interesting and exciting opportunity? Are you a good ‘people person’? Do you feel you are a good communicator? Are you someone who would enjoy working within a busy environment? Are you someone who feels they could enrich further our happy and successful Primary School?
If so, then please read on…
In this role you would be working as part of our school office team. You will need to be able to demonstrate excellent attention to detail, organisational and interpersonal skills and be confident at ensuring a consistently supportive service is delivered to our visitors, staff and families.
You will be the ‘face of the school’ to visitors and families and therefore integral to the smooth running of the school. Working as part of an effective team, the right person will be able to provide professional administrative support and an efficient front-line service for the reception area.
Duties will include:
- Welcoming parents and visitors, and other stakeholders into the school.
- Managing the main reception of the school, including answering calls in a timely manner, supporting all enquiries and where appropriate taking messages.
- Maintaining accurate school records and making necessary updates to information.
- Dealing with post, collections and deliveries.
- Maintaining all Safeguarding procedures when visitors arrive.
We are looking for an individual who:
- Has some experience of working in a busy office.
- Has excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Is approachable, personable and a team player.
- Will be willing to undertake any training required in order to become conversant with ScholarPack / ParentMail (or similar school systems).
- Will be responsible in assisting in the day to day tasks in the office and school site, ensuring that deadlines are met for the regular cycle of monthly/annual tasks.
- Will be efficient, organised and capable, able to pull together information from a variety of sources in order to collate and produce school reports to deadlines.
- Will have appropriate administrative skills which are transferable to an educational setting.
- Possesses a good level of competency in literacy, spelling, grammar and ICT skills.
In return we offer you:
- Excellent Continual Professional Development and networking opportunities that will support you ‘growing’ in the career direction you would like to aim for
- Well-maintained school buildings and resources to enhance your role
- An experienced and supportive team of staff who are passionate about delivering excellence
- Some truly inspirational children to work for of whom we are all very proud
Visits to the school are welcome, please contact the school office.
An application pack with further details about these posts can be downloaded below.
If you have any questions and to return your completed application, please send these via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: Thursday 14th March at 12 noon
Interviews will be held at Sutton Road Primary School on Wednesday 20th March
For the right applicant we may be able to consider a secondment opportunity.
No agencies please.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All posts are subject to pre-employment checks, references will be taken up before interview and successful candidates will need to undertake an enhanced DBS check and where relevant an overseas criminal record check.
In addition, an online search for publicly available information will be undertaken for shortlisted candidates in line with KCSIE.