Post Title: Finance and Administration Assistant
Place of Work: Sutton Road Primary School & Nursery
Contract: Full time, 37 hours per week, term time only
Salary: Grade 3, Spinal Column Points 5-7 £21,575 - £22,369 (pro rata)
We have a vacancy within our large primary school for a Finance and Administration Assistant. This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced and motivated Finance and Administration Assistant to join our busy office team within our forward looking school.
We are looking for someone who:
- Strives to be the best, having high expectations of themselves and of their work.
- Is well organised with great attention to detail and demonstrates real commitment to team work.
- Is reflective of their own practice and prepared to use their initiative.
The successful applicant will be enthusiastic, positive, well organised, flexible, an excellent communicator and possess the ability to prioritise and work in close partnership with staff from across the school and wider collaboration as directed.
Duties will include:
- Processing of orders via SIMS FMS system.
- Raising and payment of invoices including the processing of BACS runs.
- Production and monitoring of budget reports and advising senior staff of any variances.
- Undertaking reconciliations of bank accounts, ParentMail (or similar) payment statements and the purchase ledger control account.
- Preparing final accounts for audit, for example, School Fund.
- Assisting in the production of financial reports for the senior leadership team.
- Dealing with parents/carers, staff and other stakeholder enquiries by telephone, email and face to face.
- School office administrative duties.
- Have experience of working in a busy school office.
- Have excellent interpersonal and communication skills, be approachable and personable.
- Be conversant with ScholarPack / SIMS / FMS (or similar systems).
- Have experience of preparing budgets, budget monitoring information and final accounts.
- Be responsible in assisting in the day to day finance and tasks in the office and school site, ensuring that deadlines are met for the regular cycle of monthly/annual tasks.
- Be efficient, organised and capable, able to pull together information from a variety of sources in order to collate and produce school reports to deadlines.
- Have substantial administrative skills with an educational background.
- Have some knowledge of HR and Health & Safety procedures.
- Possess a good level of competency in literacy, spelling, grammar and ICT skills.
In return we offer you:
- A fantastic opportunity to work within a well-established school collaboration.
- A hard-working and extremely supportive team of staff across the schools.
An application pack with further details about this post can be downloaded below.
We welcome visits to the school and have arranged these for Thursday 5th January. If you would like to visit the school or have any questions please contact email@example.com
Completed applications to be returned to firstname.lastname@example.org
The post is for a start as soon as possible.
Closing date: Monday 9th January 2023 at 10am.
Interviews to take place on Monday 16th January 2023.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All posts are subject to pre-employment checks, references will be taken up before interview and successful candidates will need to undertake an enhanced DBS check.