Welcome to Year 4
In Year 4, we have two classes: 4EP and 4LB.
Adults that work in Year 4 are:
- Miss Plume (4EP class teacher)
- Miss Bunting (4AB class teacher)
- Mrs Darwood-Brown (Teaching Assistant)
Have a look through our page for ideas and activities on the curriculum we follow and links and guidance to additional resources to enable you to help you to contribute to your child’s learning.
PE kit should be kept in school every day. Please ensure that hair is tied back and earrings are taken out on your child's designated PE days. Current days for PE for the Spring Term 2019:
|Monday - Outdoor PE||Thursday - Outdoor PE|
|Thursday - Indoor PE||Friday - Indoor PE|
Learning in Year 4
The expectation in Year 4 is that:
- All children know their times tables up to 12 x 12 and can apply this understanding to multiplication and division problems.
- Children will be develop their understanding of different punctuation, including accurately using inverted commas (speech marks).
- The expectation for the end of Year 4 is that children can read and accurately spell words from this spelling list (including the Year 3 words); throughout and Year 3 and 4 children study rules, which rules apply to this list as well as individual rules.
Please see this term’s curriculum newsletter for information on what topics we are studying.
Generally, Homework will go out on a Friday and need to be handed in the following Friday.
Maths will often be set on Mathletics.
English will include (but are not limited to): Spellings and written work (this may be a reading comprehension or grammar work)
We would encourage children to try to read for at least 10 minutes a day. More information about your child’s reading level can be found in their pupil organisers.
We will also send creative homework out throughout the year.