Welcome to Year 3
In Year 3, we have three classes: 3AD, 3LN and 3MS.
Adults that work in Year 3 are:
- Mr Dugdale (3AD class teacher)
- Mr Newbold (3LN class teacher)
- Miss Smith (3MS class teacher)
- Mrs Beardah (Teaching Assistant leading Learning Group)
Have a look through our page for ideas and activities on the curriculum we follow and links and guidance to additional resources to enable you to help you to contribute to your child’s learning.
PE kit should be kept in school every day. Please ensure that hair is tied back and earrings are taken out on your child's designated PE days. Current days for PE for the Spring Term 2020:
|Monday - Indoor PE||Monday - Indoor PE||Monday - Indoor PE|
|Tuesday - Outdoor PE||Tuesday - Outdoor PE||Wednesday - Outdoor PE|
Learning in Year 3
The expectation in Year 3 is that: -
- All children know their 2, 3, 4, 5, 8 and 10 times tables and can apply their understanding to multiplication and division problems.
- Children should be consistently joining their handwriting.
- By the end of Year 3, children should be able to read and accurately spell words from this spelling list.
Please see this term’s curriculum newsletter for information on what topics we are studying.
Generally, Homework will go out on a Friday and need to be handed in the following Friday.
Maths will often be set on Mathletics.
English will include (but are not limited to): Spellings and written work (this may be a reading comprehension or grammar work)
We would encourage children to try to read for at least 10 minutes a day. More information about your child’s reading level can be found in their pupil organisers.
We will also send creative homework out throughout the year.