Welcome to Year 1
In Year 1, we have three classes: 1AS, 1CA and 1EB.
Adults that work in Year 1 are:
- Mrs Gude (1NG class teacher)
- Mrs Bacon (1SB class teacher)
- Mrs Smith (1AS Class Teacher)
- Mrs White (Teaching Assistant)
- Mrs Draycott (Teaching Assistant)
- Mrs Angela (Teaching Assistant am)
Have a look through our page for ideas and activities on the curriculum we follow and links and guidance to additional resources to enable you to help you to contribute to your child’s learning.
PE kit should be kept in school every day. Please ensure that hair is tied back and earrings are taken out on your child's designated PE days. Current days for PE for the Spring Term 2019:
|Tuesday - Outdoor PE||Monday - Outdoor PE||Tuesday - Outdoor PE|
|Friday - Indoor PE||Tuesday - Indoor PE||Wednesday - Indoor PE|
Learning in Year 1
The expectation in Year 1 is that:
- All children know their number bonds to 10, 20 and 100. They are able to apply their understanding to different maths problems.
- Children will know all of the phonics up to Phase 5. At the end of Year 1, children will complete a Phonics Screening Check.
Please see this term’s curriculum newsletter for information on what topics we are studying.
Generally, homework will go out on a Friday and need to be handed in by the following Friday.
Maths will often be set on Mathletics.
English will include spellings and written work (this may be a reading comprehension or grammar work).
We would encourage children to try to read for at least 10 minutes a day.
We will also send creative homework out throughout the year.
A year 1 phonics meeting was held to share phonics sounds and expectations in year 1. The resources are below: