Welcome to Year 6
In Year 6, we have two classes: 6EB and 6HM.
Adults that work in Year 6 are:
- Mrs Blakeley (6EB class teacher)
- Mrs Skeavington (6JS class teacher)
- Mrs Davis (Teaching Assistant)
- Miss Shakespeare (Teaching Assistant)
- Mrs Daltry (Cover class teacher for 6EB and 6HM)
Have a look through our page for ideas and activities on the curriculum we follow and links and guidance to additional resources to enable you to help you to contribute to your child’s learning.
PE kit should be kept in school every day. Please ensure that hair is tied back and earrings are taken out on your child's designated PE days. Current days for PE for the Spring Term 2019:
|Thursday - Outdoor PE||Monday - Indoor PE|
|Friday - Indoor PE||Friday - Indoor PE|
Learning in Year 6
The expectation in Year 6 is that:
- All children know their times tables up to 12 x 12 and can apply this understanding to multiplication, division and word problems.
- Children understand fractions, decimals and percentages and the link between them.
- Children are introduced to, and begin to use, brackets and dashes to add extra information in their sentences.
- The expectation for the end of Year 6 is that children can read and accurately spell words from the spelling list; we begin learning these spellings in Year 5.
Please see this term’s curriculum newsletter for information on what topics we are studying.
Generally, homework will go out on a Friday and need to be handed in by the following Friday.
Maths will often be set on Mathletics.
English will include spellings and written work (this may be a reading comprehension or grammar work).
We would encourage children to try to read for at least 10 minutes a day.
We will also send creative homework out throughout the year.